17 Oct 2023
Free UK DeliveryNo Minimum Spend
30 Day Returns Policy
Buy Now Pay LaterClearpay & Klarna
Excellent ReviewsCheck out our Trustpilot Page
Thinking of investing in some cast iron cookware? Not only is it incredibly long-lasting, but it can also develop its own non-stick surface if it’s been properly ‘seasoned’ (which means coating it in cooking oil and heating it up past the smoke point until the fat polymerizes).
While those may be its most notable benefits, here are some other perks of cooking with cast iron:
- Retains heat well to keep food warm.
- Works well with many different heat sources including gas, electric, or induction, over an open flame or placed directly into the oven like you would a baking dish.
- Easy to clean. Once you know the fundamentals of cleaning cast iron, it’s no more difficult to clean than other types of cookware.
- Great value for money. As it lasts so long, cast iron is a fantastic investment.
- Comes in many shapes and sizes. Cast iron skillets are probably the most popular form of this cookware, but cast iron is also used to make pots, griddles, cake pans, pizza sheets, and more.
- Aesthetically pleasing, making a great addition to any table setting.
- Can continue to look as good as new with proper care.
With all those benefits, it’s not hard to see why cast iron cookware has been a long-time family favourite. Check out Blackmoor’s cast iron cookware range here.